Visits

07 September 2014

So why not seek forgiveness?

So why not seek forgiveness?

O slave of Allaah, Allaah has opened the gate of repentance for you, so why not enter it? 
It was reported that repentance has a gate whose width is like the distance between East and West [according to another report: its width is like the distance traveled in seventy years]. It will not be closed until the sun rises from the West. (Reported by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer; see Saheeh al-Jaami’, 2177)

Listen to the call of Allaah: "O My slaves, you err night and day, but I forgive all sins, so ask Me for forgiveness and I will forgive you."(Reported by Muslim)So why not seek forgiveness?

Allaah stretches forth His hand at night to forgive those who have done wrong during the day, and He stretches forth His hand by day to forgive those who have done wrong during the night. Allaah loves our apologies and pleas, so why not turn to Him?

How beautiful to Allaah are the words of the one who repents: 
"O Allaah, I ask You by Your power and by my own shame to have mercy on me. I ask You by Your strength and my own weakness, by Your self-sufficiency and my own dependence. To You I submit my lying, sinful forelock. You have many slaves besides me, but I have no Master except You. I have no refuge or escape from You except with You. I beseech you in the manner of a poor and destitute man, I pray to you with the prayer of one who is humble, I call upon you with the supplication of one who is blind and afraid. This is a plea from one whose head is humbled before You, whose nose is in the dust, whose eyes are filled with tears and whose heart has submitted to You."

Ref.: Taken from Enter The Gate Of Repentance by Shaykh Saalih Al-Munajjid
  

 

-------------------- x --------------------
 
Today the soil is under us.

Tomorrow the soil may be over us.
Turn to the Almighty before you return to the Almighty
 .

No comments: