Visits

25 September 2014

Story of Imaam Ahmad (rahimahullaah) when death approached him

Story of Imaam Ahmad (rahimahullaah) when death approached him 

by Dr. Saleh as-Saleh

Abdullaah Ibn Ahmad Bin Hanbal said: when death approached my father, I came close to him and I set by his side and I had piece of cloth with me. I looked at him and I saw him becoming unconscious and I thought that he had passed away. Then he became conscious and he said: "La Ba’ad! La Ba’d! (Not yet! Not yet!)" He did this once and twice and whilst he was doing in the third time I said to him, ‘Oh my father, what is this you are saying now? He Imaam Ahmad said to his son, "Ya Bunaiy, Oh my son, you don’t know? So I said no I don’t know. 
So he said, iblis the cursed one, he stood by my feet, and biting his fingers, he kept saying: Ya Ahmad , Futanee, Meaning: you are saved from me from my plots, why is he saying this to Imaam Ahmad at this time of death? He is saying to him that you are safe from me you were protected from me, why? In order to lead Imaam Ahmad to feel pride of himself, and this is an affliction, he was trying to cause a fithna at the time of death and this is why Imaam Ahmad kept saying La Ba’ad hata amut, not until I die this what he explained to his son. ‘Until I die then I will be inshaa Allaah, be saved from your plots but not yet."
​​
These are the fruits of Imaan that Allaah will be the believers at the time of death steadfastness against the shaitan and plots of shaitan.
May Allah make us be among the ones who are mentioned in this ayah. Ameen.


Everything that is decreed for the believer is the best for him.

No comments: