"And O my people! Ask forgiveness of your Lord and then repent to Him, He will send you (from the sky) abundant rain, and add strength to your strength, so do not turn away as Mujrimun (criminals, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah)." [11:52]
From the fruits of repentance are good enjoyment in this world, receiving increase in bounty and excellence from Allaah and sending of rain and providence from the sky.
Repentance has a number of conditions for it to be accepted and they are.
- Acknowledging that sin has been committed
- Remorse for falling into the sin
- Resolving not to return to the sin
- Rectifying any harm if it involved the rights of others
- Asking for forgiveness for this sin
- Having firm belief that Allaah is the Forgiver of sins